Are you looking for a Melbourne design studio to help you with your website? Of course you know that you need a reputable creative graphic design and web design studio with the experience, creativity and technical skill to make your business look good but how will you know if they do a good job? What exactly makes a great website? Today we’re going to discuss some of the elements that constitute quality web design. If you consult with ten web designers, you’ll probably get ten different opinions on what constitutes quality web design. Even so, following are seven signs of quality web design that most graphic designers will have to agree with.
Seven Signs of Quality Web Design
- Each Page Has a Purpose— If you want people to take action on your site, you need a clearly defined goal for each of your pages and posts. Do you want visitors to buy something, join your mailing list, or comment on your blog? Consider the purpose of each page of your website.
- Effective Font/ Typography— Make certain that the text is displayed in a style that is easy to follow and read. Your goal is a crisp font designed for web reading
- Colours— Business web design not about your favourite colour but the colour of the brand. Establish a theme and consistent mood with a colour scheme. Quality designs use a colour scheme relevant to the service or product.
- Spacing— Proper use of spacing with the needed design elements is a hallmark of quality web design. The overall appearance and sense of quality of your design can be enhanced by paying close attention to spacing.
- Organization of Elements/layout— The layout of a website’s elements are always going to be different, depending on the type of site, and how vital certain features are to the website. Although there’s always a distinction in how and where you place things, there are steps to make organising your web content simple. The first thing you need to do is decide what you want purpose your design to achieve. For example, are you designing a website to market a product, are you distribute content, or are you designing to attract signups and referrals?
- Balance between form and function— A quality web designer will achieve that perfect blend of form and function by designing a site that is attractive, intuitive, and user-friendly.